HiveFit 100% Pea Isolate Proteins Q&A
How are we different? Most protein powders in the market will give you far less protein than advertised because of amino spiking (adding amino acids to raise the overall protein content of the powder when tested without disclosing on the label. Very unethical). Other companies may use fillers and/or thickening agents to make up some of the bulk of the protein, so when you are buying an Isolate protein, not only do you run the risk of taking in the above fillers, but also being blended with inferior sources of protein.
Being 100% pea isolate makes it the easiest for the digestive system. Some companies use rice protein (cheaper protein) but based on research and gut testing, most people don't respond well to rice protein. Our whey proteins do not contain anything artificial or not listed on our labels and we certainly do not amino spike. Pea protein helps boost glutathione levels by increasing its precursors such cysteine, immunoglobulins and other active peptides. Glutathione is the body’s most potent antioxidant and supplementing with a high quality protein is the most effective way to raise it at the cellular level. Our plant based vegan protein is also a great source of naturally occurring IGF-1 which has shown to fight effects of aging, prevent muscle and bone loss, as well as protect against neurological disorders.
A product that says Pea Isolate on the label doesn't mean is only Pea Isolate, all it means by law is that 51% of what is in that container is Pea Isolate. You may be ask what makes the other 49%? Inferior sources of protein (if you are lucky) such as concentrates or casein or most likely fillers, gums, thickening agents, amino acids, etc. which may not be listed on the label. Sad and unethical, but some companies will take advantage of how the law is written to make money. At HiveFit we pride ourselves with having 100% transparency on our label and list even the most minimal ingredients used as well as its amounts.
- Is your protein spiked with anything? No, we don’t believe in cutting corners and our mission is to deliver the best quality products to the consumer. Protein spiking or also known as amino spiking not only would lower the quality and effectiveness of the product, but would also be unethical.
- Does your pea protein have all of its naturally occurring bioactive peptides? Yes, HiveFit does not strip out or add any bioactive peptides, you get what nature has originally intended to give you.