How Can You Benefit From Using Whey Protein? And, The Precautions To Take.

So far, we’ve discussed the origins, general uses, and composition of whey protein. The last blog specifically dove into the approximate components and elements found in it and the two primary types: whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolate. We also talked a bit about HiveFit’s whey protein supplements being isolate and how this ensures the highest quality product for you.

Today’s agenda involves discussing the benefits and precautions of using whey protein. We want you to be as informed as possible before trying any new supplements, so we hope this will be a beneficial piece containing the information you’ve been looking for.

What are the benefits of whey protein?


It’s beneficial as an absorbable and high-quality form of protein that may help you reach your nutrition and fitness goals. Though these qualities can be found in other protein sources, whey protein has been found to be more effective per gram with benefits that are similar to those of general, increased protein intake:

“Augmenting muscle gain in conjunction with resistance training, limiting muscle loss during low-calorie diets, and modestly limiting fat gain during periods of excessive calorie intake.”

In food applications specifically, whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolate have “high protein and amino acid content; low calorie, fat, and sodium content; [and a] lack of pathogens, toxic compounds, and anti-nutritional factors.” Some research has also found that both types can increase muscle protein synthesis more than other protein sources in short periods of time.

Whey protein also helps boost glutathione levels by increasing its precursors such as cysteine, immunoglobulins, and other active peptides. Glutathione is the body’s most potent antioxidant, and supplementing it with a high-quality whey protein is the most effective way to raise it at the cellular level. 



There are a variety of precautions to take when it comes to taking whey protein. Many companies will take advantage of loopholes to make money. For instance, a product that says “Whey Protein Isolate” on the label, by law, only has to be 51% whey protein isolate. The other 49% can often be made up of inferior sources of protein (or other components), such as concentrates or casein but most likely fillers, gums, thickening agents, amino acids, etc. not listed on the label. 

Additionally, most protein powders in the market will give you far less protein than advertised because of amino spiking, or adding amino acids to raise the overall protein content of the powder when tested without disclosing on the label -- this is incredibly unethical but a real issue.

In summary -- other companies may use fillers and/or thickening agents to make up some of the bulk of the protein. This means you run the risk of taking in the above fillers and any inferior sources that have blended in when purchasing whey protein, and this is a huge problem in the industry.

At HiveFit, we go against the grain and pride ourselves on having 100% transparency on our label and list even the most minimal ingredients used with their exact amounts.

Why HiveFit Whey Protein Isolate is the best and safest product on the market


Our whey protein powders (all whey protein isolate) do not contain antibiotics or hormones, and we certainly do not amino spike. They have NO

Banned substances
Added sugars
Binders or fillers
Hormones, antibiotics, rBGH and rBST
Artificial Sweeteners
Artificial Colors

    Additionally, the protein is non-GMO and comes from grass-fed cows. It also still has all of its naturally occurring bioactive peptides aka what nature intended to give you. Being 100% whey isolate, our whey protein isolate products have a lactose content that’s almost non-existent. This makes them safe for almost everyone who is lactose intolerant.

    Our whey protein isolate is also a great source of naturally occurring IGF-1 which has shown to fight the effects of aging, prevent muscle and bone loss, and protect against neurological disorders as well.

    We hope you feel more informed after reading this blog! IF you still have a concern we didn’t bring up, PLEASE contact us! We’d love to answer any questions you have.

    You can read our whey protein isolate products Q&A at

    If you missed blogs 1 and 2 in this series, check them out!