How are we different? Most protein powders in the market will give you far less protein than advertised because of amino spiking (adding amino acids to raise the overall protein content of the powder when tested without disclosing on the label. Very unethical). Other companies may use fillers and/or thickening agents to make up some of the bulk of the protein, so when you are buying an Isolate protein, not only do you run the risk of taking in the above fillers, but also being blended with inferior sources of protein as listed.
Being 100% whey isolate makes the lactose content almost un-existent making it safe to those that are lactose intolerant. Our whey proteins do not contain antibiotics or hormones and we certainly do not amino spike. Whey protein helps boost glutathione levels by increasing its precursors such cysteine, immunoglobulins and other active peptides. Glutathione is the body’s most potent antioxidant and supplementing with a high quality whey protein is the most effective way to raise it at the cellular level.
A product that says Whey Isolate on the label doesn't mean is only Whey Isolate, all it means by law is that 51% of what is in that container is Whey Isolate. You may be ask what makes the other 49%? Inferior sources of protein (if you are lucky) such as concentrates or casein or most likely fillers, gums, thickening agents, amino acids, etc. which may not be listed on the label. Sad and unethical, but some companies will take advantage of how the law is written to make money. At HiveFit we pride ourselves with having 100% transparency on our label and list even the most minimal ingredients used as well as its amounts.
- Is your protein un-denatured? No, all whey protein powder in the United States needs to be pasteurized by law even at the lowest temperature but it will still cause some fractions of the protein to be altered, but that doesn’t mean the protein is just empty calories, you still get all of the benefits shown in studies as well as what HiveFit lists on the label.
- Is your protein spiked with anything? No, we don’t believe in cutting corners and our mission is to deliver the best quality products to the consumer. Protein spiking or also known as amino spiking not only would lower the quality and effectiveness of the product, but would also be unethical.
- Does your whey protein have all of its naturally occurring bioactive peptides? Yes, HiveFit does not strip out or add any bioactive peptides, you get what nature has originally intended to give you.
- Is your protein coming from a grass-fed and non-GMO source? Yes, although not a critical step in whey isolate protein since the fat content is extremely low, HiveFit feels that every bit can make a difference and when striving to make the healthiest protein in the market, HiveFit won’t cut any corners to save money as little or insignificant as it may be. We pride ourselves in bringing our protein from Ireland, which next to New Zealand has the highest standards in whey sources in the world.
- Does your protein have any added hormones or antibiotics? No, HiveFit whey protein is antibiotic, rBGH and rBST free.
- Why does your whey protein not contain any hydrolyzed protein? 100% hydrolyzed protein in inedible, when breaking down the protein to such degree, this mimics what your stomach acid would do after it has digested a protein source completely. If we did that, the protein wouldn’t stay together in any form.